Iran said on Thursday it was reviewing Washington's latest position on ending the war after U.S. President Donald Trump suggested he was prepared to wait a few days to get the right answers from Tehran but warned of renewed attacks if it did not agree to a deal.
"We have received U.S. views and are reviewing them," Iranian state-run agency Nour News quoted Foreign Ministry spokesperson Esmaeil Baghaei as saying.
Pakistan, which hosted peace talks last month and is acting as a conduit for messages, continues to mediate between Tehran and Washington.
Six weeks into a fragile ceasefire, talks to end the war have shown little progress while oil prices remain high. Trump faces pressure at home ahead of midterm elections.
"Believe me, if we don't get the right answers, it goes very quickly. We're all ready to go," Trump told reporters.
Iran's Revolutionary Guards warned of a regional war if attacked again. Tehran submitted a new offer, but it largely repeats terms Trump previously rejected.
The Strait of Hormuz has a controlled maritime zone. Two Chinese supertankers carrying 4 million barrels of oil exited the strait.
Before the war, 125-140 ships passed daily; now only 26 ships crossed in the past 24 hours.












