GENEVA/TEL AVIV, May 19 - The gap between funding pledges and disbursement for Donald Trump's Gaza rebuilding plan must be closed urgently, the U.S. president's 'Board of Peace' has said in a report.
The board identified a potential cash crunch in a plan estimated to cost $70 billion.
Reuters reported in April that the board had only received a small fraction of the $17 billion pledged by members for Gaza.
The board denied that report, saying it calls capital as needed and there are no funding constraints.
In a May 15 report to the U.N. Security Council, the board said the gap between commitment and disbursement must be closed with urgency.
The report did not specify how much money had been received or the size of the gap.
Gaza's reconstruction after more than two and a half years of Israeli bombardment is expected to cost more than $70 billion.












